Hello, everybody. I’m so happy to be back here, where I’m feeling at home with all of you! I have to share some exciting news. During the brief period of silence here, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. Thanks to Ashleigh from Ginger Gone Global for the nomination. Yey!
Here are the rules for the nomination – after you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, you have to:
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who has nominated you has posted;
- Nominate for the award new bloggers with less than 500 followers (or 1000 followers);
- Post 11 new questions for the new nominees;
- Contact the bloggers and let them know about the nomination;
- Spread the word!
Well, let’s begin.
When did you first start blogging and why?
I started my blog last August. I hadn’t planned it beforehand. One day while trying to come up with some memories I noticed that I can’t remember everything anymore. Like everyone I, too, have tons of beautiful photographs and loads of emotional memories from our travels around the world so I just wanted to put everything in order. Our intention when starting Om Trips Blog was to create a diary of our trips around the world + some post about Yoga + wonderful photographs. My boyfriend and I are the great team ever – yogini writer and photographer, so I hope you enjoy reading the blog as much as we enjoy writing it.
If you could pack up and go somewhere right now, where would it be?
I can’t travel alone. Dian and I always travel together, and that’s why sometimes our dream destinations differ. My dream is to visit an island or an exotic place where I can do yoga and meditate while searching for peace and happiness, enjoying the nature and the silence surrounding me. Dian’s dream is to go the U.S.A., rent a car and take Route 66 from the East to the West Coast. Despite our different desires, we always find the silver lining. One step at a time, right?
What are the best budget travel tips you’ve received?
A few years ago I heard about Airbnb from a friend of mine. Since then I’m using their services for every travel. Great experience so far.
Is there a popular travel destination you’ve visited and been disappointed by?
I have certain expectations like anyone else, but I still don’t think that disappointed is the correct term. If your dream is to travel you can’t exactly be disappointed when traveling, right? 🙂 For example, when I was in Lisbon it turned out that I have so much information in my head that all the time I compared what I’d learned in history with what I was seeing. At the end, the only thing that made a lasting impression on me was the long gone past glory of this beautiful country. I still can’t say I was disappointed by Lisbon, though, and I really recommend you to visit the city and discover its beauty for yourself.
Favorite travel book?
I always put a book in my backpack, and somehow it’s always the right one for this travel.
How much planning do you do pre-trip?
I love, no…I adore organizing all the pre-trip stuff. Places to see places to eat, some alternative itinerary far away from the touristic sights, etc. But how much time I’ll need for planning and organization definitely
on the destination itself.
What is your favorite food you’ve tried while traveling?
In every country, we visit we try different exotic fruits which we can’t find in our country. I can’t list every fruit that we’ve tasted, but some were definitely worth the try.
Do you do ‘touristy’ stuff? eg Times Square, visit Eiffel Tower?
Yes, of course, but we try our best to stay away from the tourist groups. For every
we try to find some alternative itineraries and then present them on the blog.
What is the longest you’ve been traveling for and where did you go?
We’ve been four months in the U.S.A., but it wasn’t only a travel visit as we were a part of the Work and Travel program. We had the chance to travel and work at the same time! Sounds great, right?
What is your favorite thing about where you are right now?
Being with my family and the love of my life. I’m trying to learn how to be happy by simply being here and now, without seeking happiness somewhere else, without comparing my life to others’ lives, etc.
What do you do to combat homesickness on your travels?
I’ve never been homesick. Our travels are planned and they’re for fun, so I never really think about home till I go back there.
That’s it, it doesn’t hurt at all 🙂
And now it’s my turn to nominate some of my favorite blogs:
- Svetoslav from http://svetdimitrov.com/
- Anke from https://roosendansontour.wordpress.com/
- Ester from http://www.theroampear.com/
- Evelina from http://littlebigtraveler.com/
- Bianka and Niki from http://wildhomedreamers.blogspot.bg/
And my questions are:
- How do you imagine the ideal om trip?
- What’s your hometown (or where do yo live right now), and would you recommend it for an om trip?
- Where can we have the best coffee (or tea) in your hometown?
- A special place you’d want to show us?
- Which is your favorite gallery or museum?
- What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a foreign country?
- Do you practice any kind of sport during your travels?
- What do you collect from your travels – besides memories?
- Which is your favorite travel book?
- Which is your favorite travel quote?
- Are you happy here and now? Give some advice on how to be happy!
It’s your turn now, my friends!
Stay positive and be happy here and now!